☰ Menu

Planning an Event

Special Events

If you are planning to have an event on Council land (e.g. park or reserve) you are required to obtain Council permission to do so. This can be done by submitting Council's Special Event Permit available to download below:

Special Event Permit(60 kb)

Additional information required with the application may include:

  • Proof of Public Liability Insurance. 

  • A site map of your activities

  • And in some cases a Traffic Management Plan

There is legislation dictating the process for road closures and if you require a road closure for your event it is essential that you contact Council's Engineering Services Department on (08) 8733 0901 at least 2 months prior to the date of the event.

Hall Hire

If you would like to hire one of Council's Halls for a function or event please take the time to read our Hall and Facilities Hire Policy prior to making your booking. 

Hire Form

Millicent War Memorial Civic & Arts Centre     

Ridge Terrace, Millicent (08) 8733 0902     Hall Hire Permit(183 kb)
Millicent RSL Hall North Terrace, Millicent (08) 8733 0900 Hall Hire Permit(183 kb)
Millicent Italian Club (currently leased to the Taekwondo Club and not available for bookings) Short Street, Millicent (08) 8733 0900 Hall Hire Permit(183 kb)
Rymill Hall Cameron Street, Penola (08) 8737 2391 Hall Hire Permit(183 kb)
Penola Stadium Cameron Street, Penola (08) 8737 2391 Hall Hire Permit(183 kb)
Beachport Recreation Centre Golf Course Road, Beachport (08) 8735 8029 Hall Hire Permit (170 kb)
Kalangadoo Institute Hall Eliza Street, Kalangadoo  0438 393 133 Hall Hire Permit (185 kb)
Tantanoola Institute Hall Railway Terrace West, Tantanoola      (08) 8733 0900 Hall Hire Permit (185 kb)
Rendelsham Community Hall Julia Moore Street, Rendelsham  (08) 8735 4330 Hall Hire Permit (185 kb)

Insurance Scheme for Community Groups

Public Liability and accident insurances to protect against unexpected events or injuries to volunteers are significant issues for community and not for profits groups.

To support not for profit groups in the community, Local Government has taken an active role in developing a specialist insurance scheme in South Australia that meets the real needs of community groups.

LCIS provides an extensive range of insurance products to specifically suit community and not for profit groups including:

* Public Liability Insurance

* Associations Liability Insurance

* Personal Accident (Volunteer) Insurance

* Business Package Insurance

The premiums offered by LCIS have been developed to reflect the relatively low risk activities of most community groups and are calculated by identifying the principal activity of each group, their revenue size and the number of volunteers within the group.

LCIS can cover

Community and Not For Profit Groups who -

* Provide services to the broader community.

* Have annual turnover/funding less than $5 million.

* Do not distribute profits to its members.

* Comprised mainly of volunteers.

* Provide a public benefit or serve a charitable purpose.

Some examples of the type of community groups that are eligible for cover via LCIS are -

Senior Citizen Groups

Theatrical & Dance groups

Resident & Progress Associations

Hall Management Committees

Sporting Groups

Craft Groups and Fairs

Fundraising Groups

Community Park Committees

Social Clubs

Resources & Landcare groups

Arts Groups & Galleries


For further information about LCIS or to obtain a quotation, visit www.localcommunityinsurance.com.au or phone - 1300 853800.

Upcoming Event

Do you have an upcoming event you want to share? We welcome you to submit any local events for consideration on our website. Please complete the form and we will review your listing. Don't forget to provide a contact phone number should we need to check anything. 




My Local Services

Page Last Modified: 2016-10-25T15:57:45