☰ Menu

Wood Permits

Wood Collection Permits

Council is able to issue permits to collect fallen timber from certain roadsides within the Council area outside the Fire Danger Season. There are a number of roadsides that collection of fallen timber is not allowed and permits will not be issued for.


Permits can be obtained from Council offices and are available only to residents of the Wattle Range Council area intending to use the timber collected for personal household use only. Applicants must pay the applicable fee and provide the following information on application of a permit:

  • Full Name

  • Residential Address

  • Location of proposed collection (Road Name and section of road intending to collect from) 


Permits are issued in accordance with section 221 of the Local Government Act 1999 and permit holders are required to abide by the conditions listed on their permit. Conditions may include and are not limited to:

  • the permit holder must carry their authority with them whilst collecting wood, and it must be presented on demand;

  • a permit is valid for a period of one (1) month from the date of issue;

  • collection or cutting of fallen timber is not permitted on any fire ban day;

  • Council does not accept responsibility for any actions or claims resulting from the issue of the permit;

  • timber is only permitted for personal use and is not to be sold or given to other persons;

  • standing trees (living or dead) are not to be cut or removed;

  • hollow logs are not permitted to be taken or tampered with in any way.

Permit holders must always refer to the conditions listed on the permit issued to them. Failure to abide by permit conditions may result in penalties being applied.  


Fees & Charges - Licences, Permits & Authorisations - FIREWOOD

Fee or Charge Description



Authority to collect roadside Firewood Exempt $20.00


My Local Services

Page Last Modified: 2017-04-27T09:16:07