• A waste disposal voucher will not be required for loads that only contain approved green waste
• Approved green waste is limited to tree limbs and branches, grass clippings and weeds.
• No painted or treated timber will be accepted.
• If any waste other than green waste is included in the load, a voucher will still be required.
• All loads must be presented by a Wattle Range Council resident or ratepayer.
• All users must prove they are a ratepayer or resident by showing a current rates notice or driver’s licence with a Wattle Range Council address.
• No green waste is accepted at Glencoe and Furner.
Residents and ratepayers can get trailer loads of garden mulch for free at Penola and Millicent subject to availability.
This organic material is a natural product made from the garden waste dropped off at Council’s Resource Recovery Centre from Wattle Range residents and businesses. The mulch available does not meet industry standards for a saleable mulch product and is therefore available at no cost.
Those taking advantage of the opportunity will need to bring a tarpaulin and suitable rope to secure the load before exiting the site. A disclaimer will also need to be signed prior to collection.
As the organic material may contain plant seed, sharp and splintery objects, dusts and allergens, Council strongly recommends the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when handling this material. PPE should include heavy duty gloves, long sleeved shirt and pants, safety glasses and dust mask or other respiratory aids.
Free mulch for Wattle Range Council residents and community groups
Sunday 9 July 2017
Sunday 13 August 2017
Sunday 10 September 2017
Sunday 8 October 2017
Sunday 12 November 2017
Tower Road Waste Facility, Penola
Sunday 20 August 2017
Sunday 22 October 2017
Open 10am – 2pm
Bring a trailer and a tarpaulin to cover your load.